05 May Business Development Manager (Peoria, IL)
Gelia is seeking a Business Development Manager to develop relationships with companies in the Midwest and beyond.
Gelia — a $114 million marketing communications firm with offices in Buffalo, NY, Cary, NC, Toledo, OH and Peoria, IL — is seeking a business development manager to develop relationships with the marketing and sales departments of mid- to large-sized companies in the Midwest and beyond. They will liaison with agency-side account planning and service, and report directly to the President. This position will be measured on the execution of the strategic account plan, as well as meeting and exceeding sales objectives for new clients.
This position will be supported by over 120 subject matter experts who are world class and believe their best work is yet to come. Established in 1961, Gelia has spent the past several years achieving record sales primarily through strong organic growth with clients such as Caterpillar, Independent Health, Saint Gobain, Sherwin Williams, Dana Corp and many more. The accountability platform and measurement process “baked into” our integrated marcom solution is in high demand, so now we are seeking an enthusiastic and energized sales professional that can share our proprietary and globally successful body of work with a group of highly targeted and qualified businesses.
Our website gives you our business face, and our Facebook page will give you the face of our culture. If you’re looking for an energized and creative company that is poised for strong growth and truly embraces work-life balance, then you may have found a home.
- Gain practical knowledge of Gelia’s integrated approach to marketing communications and sales support both within the new digital frontier as well as globally
- Develop and implement comprehensive sales plans for each target
- Identify decision makers within target who are influencing the advertising spend
- Use appropriate judgment in fielding contacts from the target and know when to escalate to senior level
- Secure commitment from target to review Gelia’s value-based capabilities presentation
- Prepare pitch presentations that match our portfolio of service offerings and case histories with the identified needs of the target
- Present Gelia’s pitch presentation alongside the Gelia subject matter experts
- Positively influence senior leaders and cross-capability teams in new business situations
- Work with team to negotiate and close the business
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of selling success to mid- to large-sized companies
- Experience in developing and executing strategic account plans in a team environment (working with or for an advertising agency a plus)
- Experience selling into the marketing and sales departments at all levels (selling to executive level a plus)
- Proven ability to analyze customer needs and distill the right solution from a robust and integrated service suite of marketing communications services
- Solid written and oral persuasive communication skills
- Experience developing and delivering presentations
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- High competency in all MS Office products (strong in Power Point, Excel, and Word)
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For confidential consideration, please forward your résumé to Jay Irving, Director of Human Resources and Administration, at email@example.com.