07 Aug Business Development Manager (Pittsburgh, PA)
Gelia is seeking a Business Development Manager to develop relationships with companies in the Pittsburgh market.
Gelia — a $114 million marketing communications firm with offices in Buffalo, NY, Cary, NC, Toledo, OH and Peoria, IL — is seeking a business development manager to represent a suite of core marketing solution services to marketing and sales departments of mid to large companies in the Pittsburgh market. They will liaison with agency side account planning and service and report directly to the President. This position will be measured on the ability to bridge services to the needs of the prospect and ultimately secure a customer.
This position will be supported by over 120 subject matter experts who are world class and believe their best work is yet to come. Established in 1961, Gelia has spent the past several years achieving record sales with clients such as Caterpillar, Independent Health, Purolator, Sherwin Williams, Dana Corp and many more. The accountability platform and measurement process “baked into” our integrated marcom solution is in high demand so now we are seeking an enthusiastic and energized sales professional that can share our proprietary and globally successful body of work with a group of highly targeted and qualified businesses.
Our website gives you our business face, and our Facebook page will give you the face of our culture. If you’re looking for an opportunity to introduce a proven world-class marketing solution to one of the largest markets in the US then you may have found a home.
- Gain practical knowledge of Gelia’s integrated approach to marketing communications and sales support
- Identify decision makers within target who are influencing the advertising, sales training, and marketing spend
- Run leads provided by HQ as well as secure commitments from new prospects willing to review Gelia’s value based capabilities presentation
- Follow up on prospects who have shown an interest in our marketing solutions suite of services
- Prepare pitch presentations that match our portfolio of service offerings and case histories with the identified needs of the target
- Along with the Gelia subject matter experts present Gelia’s capabilities
- Bridge needs of prospect solution set of Gelia and work with team to negotiate and close the business
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of selling success to mid- to large-sized companies
- Working with or for an advertising agency a plus
- Experience selling into the marketing and sales departments at all levels (selling to executive level a plus)
- Proven ability to analyze customer needs and distill the right solution from a robust and integrated service suite of marketing communications services
- Experience developing and delivering presentations
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- High competency in all MS Office products (strong in Power Point, Excel, and Word)
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For confidential consideration, please forward your résumé to Jay Irving, Director of Human Resources and Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.