11 Jan Media Director – Buffalo
Gelia is seeking a Media Director for our Buffalo office.
Gelia — a $114 million marketing communications firm with offices in Buffalo, NY, Raleigh, NC, Toledo, OH and Peoria, IL — is seeking qualified candidates for a Media Director. This position will have responsibility for leading the development and execution of integrated communication programs using research, market intelligence and campaign analytics. The ideal candidate is a traditional media expert who has the ability to review outcomes and adjusts strategies and tactics for continuous optimization.
- Expert in traditional media with extensive local, regional and national planning and buying experience
- Television (including OTT and TVE)
- Radio (traditional and streaming)
- OOH (out-of-home)
- Minimum of 12 years in roles of increasing responsibility in departments of a similar nature (e.g., ad agency media department, media company or client side)
- Possesses a broad set of media, marketing and management skills
- In-depth understanding of media research, planning, negotiation, buying, implementation and performance analysis
- Embraces a solution-neutral approach and collaborates across departments to create integrated communication plans that are strategically aligned
- Entrepreneurial spirit who does not settle for the expected and pushes ideas beyond the obvious possibilities
- Fosters innovative solutions and keeps abreast of current trends and the latest technological advances
- Promotes and embraces a positive working relationships within the department, the company and the media vendor community
- Develops people within the team by coaching, identifying areas for growth, celebrating successes, managing promotion process, identifying training opportunities; team builder
- Strong problem solving skills and detail-oriented
- Experience with Advantage, Strata, GfK MRI, Kantar, Nielsen, SQAD, Scarborough and any other relevant media planning and buying tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. For confidential consideration, please forward your résumé to Jay Irving, Director of Human Resources and Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gelia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression age, or national origin. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.