04 Apr Contract Administrator – Buffalo
Gelia is seeking a Contract Administrator for our Buffalo office.
Gelia – a marketing, communications, and advertising agency with offices in Buffalo, Raleigh, Toledo and Peoria is seeking candidates for a Contract Administrator position in our Buffalo office. This is a new, part-time role at the company that is anticipated to require approximately 20 hours per week. The position is ideal for a retired legal or paralegal professional looking to continue being engaged on a part time basis while enjoying tremendous flexibility.
The position’s primary function will be that of contract administration on both the client and operations side. The position will serve as the primary point of contact for cross-agency education, sensitization, policy setting, and compliance in key areas such as client and partner contractual compliance, IP, and more, In addition, the role will be collaborative in/with the areas of procurement, legal, and finance. This is a hands-on role requiring an organized, detail oriented, proactive and can-do individual.
- Organize and maintain contracts, working directly with cross-functional stakeholders for implementation and compliance
- Preparation and administration of standardized company contracts (NDAs, vendor agreements, etc.)
- Monitor and ensure timely execution of contracts, extensions, renewals and/or terminations
- Implement and manage a contract management system/process for all company contracts and related documentation (including compliance of process, indexing files, maintaining current documentation, reporting, etc.)
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a contract administrator within a corporate legal department or law firm.
- Bachelor’s or other degree or equivalent education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Foundational understanding of legal and contractual (business) terms for a wide-range of legal agreements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidate must be able to communicate professionally and clearly with all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail. Highly organized. Multi-tasker.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge in general contract law, intellectual property, and experience in contract negotiations are all helpful.
This is an important role with the organization and we intend to make a solid offer to the right-fit individual. For confidential consideration, please forward your resume and salary requirements to Jay Irving, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Gelia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex. race, color, religion, national origin or gender identity or expression.