05 Nov Controller – Buffalo
Gelia is seeking a Controller for our Buffalo office.
Gelia Wells & Mohr, a global marketing communications firm headquartered in Western New York is seeking qualified candidates for its Controller. This is a tremendous opportunity for a hands-on accounting leader who is intelligent, collaborative, and is looking for growth with a successful WNY-based company.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Corporate Accounting, Reporting and Analysis
- Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting
- Mentor, manage and lead accounting team
- Cross-operational collaboration on processes, controls, problem solving
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively more responsible accounting experience with a minimum of 3 years of Accounting Manager or Controllership-level experience
- Performance driven, hands-on, analytical
- An effective communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and excellent Excel skills
- Experience in a professional services-oriented environment
- Experience in a multi-location, multi-state environment helpful (not required)
- Bent towards improving processes and efficiencies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Competency in local and state sales tax experience helpful (not required)
- Proven results in team environment
- Public Accounting experience helpful but not required
We will offer a very competitive compensation package to the right candidate. For confidential consideration forward your resume with salary history & requirements to Jay Irving, Associate VP of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Gelia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin.