02 Jan Production Manager – Freelance
Gelia is seeking a freelance Production Manager.
The Production Manager is responsible for the management of the print production process, and facilitates and manages all vendor relationships. The Production Manager interacts with creative, and client teams to ensure materials are produced cost-effectively, on-time and to specifications.
- Selects qualified vendors to participate in the bidding process based on knowledge of equipment and capabilities. Analyze bids and negotiate as needed. Triple bids all printed work (local/regional/ national/global). Provides vendors with a list of specs, requirements, due dates and any special needs. As needed reviews bids with creative and account teams, makes recommendation of selected vendor with rationale as to why selected, gains approval to proceed.
- Develops estimates and proactively monitors costs throughout the course of each project
- Creates production schedules and ensure timelines are hit
- Collaborates with in-house creative team and advise on stock selection, manufacturing, and finishing options during the planning of client materials or internal corporate communications pieces; review work for production feasibility and determine technical specifications such as bleed/trim/safety sizes
- Supervises press checks where needed
- Knowledge of production needs relative to out-of-home, tradeshow displays, print ads, collateral (printing – offset, digital…), direct mail, sourcing promotional advertising materials/premiums,…etc.
- Must have 8+ years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent
- Computer-literate with knowledge of desktop applications, file formats and file specifications
- Marketing agency and/or experience working in a marketing organization
- Must have strong oral and written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Ability to summarize and communicate at a high level
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills; thrives in high-volume, deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
For confidential consideration, please forward your resume to Jay Irving, Associate VP of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gelia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin.