When you see that Gelia is hiring a Copywriter, the first question you ask yourself is, “How the h#%$ do you pronounce that?” Here’s a hack: Your sister, Leah, gets you an unnecessarily expensive gift for your birthday. Naturally, you respond, “Gee, Leah, you didn’t have to do that!” Boom.
Now that that’s covered, let’s talk about the gig. We need another Copywriter to round out our growing brigade of wordsmiths. Preferably mid-to-senior level, but we’re open to others, too. (So long as you have proof of work and/or a portfolio!) And with offices in Buffalo, Raleigh and Peoria, we’re also open to word-loving applications in and around all three areas.
- Must include link to portfolio and/or proof-of-work showcasing writing examples including short and long form copy, headlines, integrated campaigns and conceptual brainpower
- 3+ years of agency/ad school/on-the-job experience
- Related degree preferred but not required
- Strong organizational skills and serious attention-to-detail (emphasis on the latter, we can work on the former)
- Bonus points for loving long-form and technical writing
- Must possess a healthy dash of confidence paired with a hearty helping of humility
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including experience writing for varying communication mediums – digital and traditional
- Maturity to accept and respond positively to critiques (“You call that a sentence? Ha!”)
- Ability to work within our culture and team environment is essential
- Eager for in-person, in-office work and collaboration
- Interpersonal, intrapersonal, highly personable and aspirational presentation skills
- Capable of working with multiple peers across multiple offices in multiple locations
- Appetite for collaboration with an ongoing tenacity to continue to learn and grow
- Super extra 100x bonus points if you’ve got any Spanish writing fluency (not mandatory)
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to the right candidate. For confidential consideration, please fill out the form to apply.
Gelia is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.